Ginger-Lime Chopped Carrot Salad
Serves 4 to 6.
Note: This light crunchy salad is especially pretty with assorted rainbow carrots. You can make it a few hours or even a day ahead. From Beth Dooley.
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
• 1 tsp. honey
• 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 2 tbsp. sesame or sunflower oil
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• 1/2 lb. carrots, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 c. chopped green onions
• 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
To make the dressing: Smash the garlic with the flat blade of a knife and transfer it to a small bowl. Add the ginger, honey and lime, and whisk in the sunflower oil. Season with the red pepper flakes.
To make the salad: Put the chopped carrots, green onions, cilantro and mint into a medium bowl. Toss in enough dressing to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information per each of 6 servings:
Calories 65 Fat 5 g Sodium 30 mg
Carbohydrates 6 g Saturated fat 1 g Total sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g Cholesterol 0 mg Dietary fiber 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.