Fall is now upon us, and with this comes the ideal opportunity to put a fall cleanup plan in place, especially for the outdoors. Here are some areas that can help keep you on the right track.
1. Pull weeds and mulch. Now is the time to protect your landscape from approaching cool temperatures.
2. Trim bushes and trees. Many year-round bushes and shrubs may need to be trimmed and pruned to return lush and bushy come spring.
3. Power wash your deck and house. Often this is a routine many homeowners wish to take on in both spring and fall to make sure the home’s exterior always shows its best.
4. Remove your vegetable garden. After your harvest, be sure to pull any unneeded plantings to help ensure a healthy garden next season.
5. Check your windows and doors. Now is an ideal time to make sure all your windows and doors are in full working order.
6. Check your home’s equipment such as the HVAC system, boiler and key electrical systems.
7. Make a plan to shut off outdoor plumbing elements such as outdoor kitchen faucets and garden hoses.
8. Check your roof. Loose shingles and any potential openings will create an issue come winter.
9. Store or cover outdoor furniture. Toward the end of fall is an ideal time to cover/remove your outdoor furniture in preparation for cooler weather.
10. Repave walkways and driveways.