Material published in the Star Tribune or on StarTribune.com, including articles, graphics, photographs, videos and other content is copyrighted by the Star Tribune Media Company LLC and other information providers who have licensed their content to the Star Tribune. Copyright law forbids reuse of copyrighted material without permission other than for personal or research purposes.
You must request permission to reproduce or redistribute material produced by Star Tribune staff in print, electronic, digital or any other format. Licensing fees vary depending on the nature of the organization (business, academic, non-profit), the use of the material, the number of copies that will be made or distributed electronically.
The Star Tribune cannot grant reprint permission for material from the Associated Press or other newspapers, syndicates or other sources. You must contact those organizations directly to obtain permission.
Contact the Copyright Clearance Center to license rights to:
- make copies or distribute Star Tribune text in any digital format
- reproduce Star Tribune text in textbooks or trade publications
- post Star Tribune content on another web site (the fee will be based on the length of time the content is posted)
The process takes only a few minutes on the CCC site; fees are paid directly to the CCC with a credit card.
You must abide by these rules if permission is granted:
- An article or editorial must be reprinted in entirety. Bylines and credit lines ("By John Smith, Star Tribune Staff Writer") must be retained. Photos, videos and graphics must be reproduced as originally published by the Star Tribune. Alteration of text, photos, videos or graphics is absolutely forbidden.
- The original date of publication of the material in the Star Tribune must accompany the article.
- This language must be added at the end of the article: "Copyright 201x Star Tribune. Republished with permission of Star Tribune, Minneapolis, MN. No further republication or redistribution is permitted without the consent of Star Tribune."
- Political candidates and political organizations will be granted permission to republish editorials from the Star Tribune. It must be explicit that the material appeared as an editorial. Political candidates and political organizations will NOT be granted permission to republish news articles from the News, Business, Sports or Features areas of the newspaper or web site.
- Permission will not be granted to post Star Tribune content on other web sites unless it is licensed through the Copyright Clearance Center. You may link to an article on StarTribune.com without specific permission.
Are you interested in reprints of an individual article?
The Star Tribune has partnered with The YGS Group to provide high quality customized paper and electronic reprints. Contact the YGS Group directly for reprint options and prices or call 717-505-9701.
Please contact the Star Tribune directly to request use or copies of photographs or videos or with questions.