A mobile home fire Thursday in Norwood Young America killed a paralyzed 71-year-old woman, Carver County authorities said.
Nancy Lee Green died in the blaze at 414 E. Railroad St. Carver County sheriff’s deputies and fire trucks arrived at the scene at 5:54 p.m. to find the trailer fully engulfed. Initial reports said Green, who was paralyzed and unable to move on her own, was inside. After the fire was extinguished, Green was found dead inside.
The Carver County Sheriff’s office said a preliminary investigation has led officials to believe the fire was accidental. Residents of the mobile home had been thawing frozen pipes beneath it with a kerosene heater, which is believed to be the cause of the fire. Paramedics also treated two firefighters for noncritical injuries sustained while fighting the fire.
The fire remains under investigation by the Carver County Sheriff, State Fire Marshal’s Office, Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office and Norwood Young America Fire Department.