The Twins were in Pittsburgh, but the action was here at Target Field on Monday where the team’s concessionaires unveiled a variety of new and returning menu offerings to be served during the 2018 Major League Baseball season.
A major addition will be Bat & Barrel, a new dining area open to all ticket holders that features food and drink items from local restaurants, breweries and distilleries. It replaces the Metropolitan Club area, which had been the exclusive domain of season-ticket holders.
The new iteration will have three “food-specific opportunities:”
• An entree section with offerings from Murray’s (bleu cheese-crusted, bacon-wrapped tenderloin), Red Rabbit (chicken Parmesan) and Baja Haus (pan-seared barramundi).
• An appetizer or small plate area with offerings from Crave (burger sliders), Baja Haus (tuna poke), Hell’s Kitchen (Impossible Burger), Ike’s (Tavern Burger) and Red Cow (Tennessee Hot Chicken or MN Nice!).
• A quick-serve counter with offerings from Hot Indian Foods (Hot Indian Frittes), Baja Haus (classic ceviche), Kramarczuk’s (bratwurst), Red Cow (brisket poutine) and a selection of locally cured meats, cheeses and fruit.
In addition to beer served at the multiple bars within Bat & Barrel, Tattersall Distilling is helping to develop specialty cocktails.
Another addition will be offerings from Minneapolis restaurant Holy Land, available at a cart in section 108, with a menu of pita chips and hummus, chicken shawirma wrap and a gyro wrap.
Also new on the beverage front: Twins closer Glen Perkins partnered with Surly Brewing on a new beer based on one of his homebrew recipes.
It’s called Kut Down, an American IPA named after his entrance music.
What’s adding on?
• Hot Indian Foods (section 120) will now offer Tofu Vindaloo, a spicy vegan stew served over coconut garlic rice.
• Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen (section 114) will offer a rice bowl version of the popular Mediterranean skewers.
Amelia Rayno • 612-673-4115