Ron Stolski is in his 56th season as a head coach in Minnesota high school football and in his 43rd season at Brainerd. Stolski is No. 2 for all-time prep victories in Minnesota history with 380, two behind Verndale’s Mike Mahlen, who also remains active.
Stolski has what has to be the most veteran coaching staff in Minnesota, which includes the following:
• Stolski, 78, 56 years coaching, 17 grandchildren (including current quarterback Joe Stolski), nine great-grandchildren.
• Deryl Ramey, 73, 51 years coaching, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren.
•Chet Stevenson, 65, 42 years coaching.
•Scott Parsons, 61, 40 years coaching.
• Jeff Ramey (Deryl’s son), 53, 30 years coaching, one grandchild.
• Aaron Anderson, 47, 25 years coaching.
• Jeff Pohlkamp, 54, 21 years coaching.
Stolski’s staff also has youngsters Troy Nelson (41), Wade Haapajoki (40), Jason Freed (36) and Mike Huesman (33).
The years of coaching on the Brainerd staff add to 320. And Steve Nunnink, Stolski’s right-hand man and strength coach dating to the early ’70s at Park Center, was forced to retire because of his health several years ago.